WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum » English / German Panel Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:22 Reply with quote
onkelknolle
Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 8




Great Work, Heiko

Keep it up !
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 14:52 Reply with quote
Pipe
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 675
Location: Germany / Brazil




onkelknolle wrote:
Great Work, Heiko

Keep it up !


Thanks onkelknolle, I will.

I wanted to finish the panel next week. But I still need some more information, if possible. Some details that can´t be determined by Jürgen´s high-res pictures.

1. On the Captain´s side panel I already had to improvise:

- There´s no picture of its layout available
- The side panel has to be a trade off due to FS´ limitations (pitot heat i.e.)
- I figured that Interflug flew a mixed russian - german labeled cockpit, so I tried to keep the mixture. But what about the numerous warning lamps? Were they labeled in German or Russian?

2. After studying a pile of IL-62 cockpit pictures, I figure that the layout varied a great deal not only between airlines but even within the Interflug fleet.

3. Do we need an extra manual for this panel?

4. I need someone to betatest the panel before release.

For your answers I want to thank in advance!

Pipe

_________________
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Pipes Repaints
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 17:51 Reply with quote
PTDirk
Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 56




Lets see if I can help you. I know a Interflug-Captain and just wanted to contact him. Maybe he is able and willing to help us. But it will take a few days until I'm back from the Netherlands. Just mail me all your questions and I'll give it to the Captain.

Best regards

Dirk
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 22:37 Reply with quote
Pipe
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 675
Location: Germany / Brazil




PTDirk wrote:
Lets see if I can help you. I know a Interflug-Captain and just wanted to contact him. Maybe he is able and willing to help us. But it will take a few days until I'm back from the Netherlands. Just mail me all your questions and I'll give it to the Captain.

Best regards

Dirk


That would be awesome!

1. Warning and signal lamps: In German or in Russian? If mixed up, which lamps were in Russian, which in German?

2. Captain´s side panel: What switches, which in German, which in Russian?

3. Navigator´s panel: Which labels in German, which in Russian?

Thanks again in advance!

Pipe

_________________
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Pipes Repaints
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 03:25 Reply with quote
Pipe
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 675
Location: Germany / Brazil




While we´re at it ...........

VFR Panel anyone?

Pipe



_________________
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Pipes Repaints
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 09:41 Reply with quote
ha5mvo
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Posts: 2233
Location: Toronto, Canada




Quote:
VFR Panel anyone?


ehh...one of those, sil Vous plait..

A VFR, or a "landing view" is something I personally always find useful.
One of the most problematic issues, IMO, is to be able to provide the pilots viewpoint during landing or whenever there's a need to stick the head out but at the same time be able to get a quick glance at the instruments.

You could, theoretically do it in the VC but with a hat switch moving around and especially zooming in and out is a certain way to get lost especially in a busy situation.

The best compromise, again IMO, is to be able to quickly flip between a standard 2D panel, and a "landing view".

_________________
//Michael
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 13:38 Reply with quote
Pipe
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 675
Location: Germany / Brazil




ha5mvo wrote:
Quote:
VFR Panel anyone?


ehh...one of those, sil Vous plait..

A VFR, or a "landing view" is something I personally always find useful.
One of the most problematic issues, IMO, is to be able to provide the pilots viewpoint during landing or whenever there's a need to stick the head out but at the same time be able to get a quick glance at the instruments.

You could, theoretically do it in the VC but with a hat switch moving around and especially zooming in and out is a certain way to get lost especially in a busy situation.

The best compromise, again IMO, is to be able to quickly flip between a standard 2D panel, and a "landing view".


In fact, Michael, it is indeed a landing view and there´s a clickspot with tooltip in the Main Panel to activate it quickly, "space" brings you back. I´m still gonna do some modifications, the radio altimeter will not remain there and the bitmaps evidently have to be refined.

It was a test and since I always prefer 2D panels, I´m thinking about doing one for the Tu-154´s as well ...

Pipe

_________________
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Pipes Repaints
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 02:23 Reply with quote
Pipe
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 675
Location: Germany / Brazil




Yet another trial ...

One cannot praise Stepan´s gauges enough. They´re fantastic!


_________________
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Pipes Repaints
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 02:47 Reply with quote
ha5mvo
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Posts: 2233
Location: Toronto, Canada




Quote:
One cannot praise Stepan´s gauges enough. They´re fantastic!


True!
I'm not sure how many are aware of this feature...
Next time, get a lock on the ILS, set the plane in landing configuration and DON'T disconnect the autopilot all the way..see what happens

_________________
//Michael
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:46 Reply with quote
Fabo
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 1100
Location: Slovakia, near Kosice (LZKZ)




Nothing, unless you have BOTH RVs connected

_________________
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Peter Fabian
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 20:52 Reply with quote
onkelknolle
Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 8




Looks awesome

When will your German mod be realesed ?
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 14:44 Reply with quote
Pipe
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 675
Location: Germany / Brazil




onkelknolle wrote:
Looks awesome

When will your German mod be realesed ?


No idea yet, I still need some answers to the questions above. If it´s only about dashboard labels, then it´s ready. But I´ve done some research in the meantime and it seems that some (not all) signal lamp labels came in German as well. But which exactly and what diction?

The landing panel is just an aperitive.

BTW: I´ve "cracked" the visual model and finally figured most missing textures. There will be no naked spots anymore, especially the nasty ones on top of the fuselage which excluded certain repaints.

Pipe

_________________
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Pipes Repaints
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:45 Reply with quote
KFC
Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 342




Pipe wrote:
Yet another trial ...

One cannot praise Stepan´s gauges enough. They´re fantastic!



Pipe,
Please, could you make the landing view for all version of the panel? This landing view sure would come in handy, as it is difficult to see the runway under normal circumstances. Great job, and many thanks!
regards,
Macs
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 18:28 Reply with quote
Pipe
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 675
Location: Germany / Brazil




KFC wrote:

Pipe,
Please, could you make the landing view for all version of the panel? This landing view sure would come in handy, as it is difficult to see the runway under normal circumstances. Great job, and many thanks!
regards,
Macs


Yes Macs, why not thinking about it. The panel project ist currently a bit "on ice" because Grei is doing FE panels and modifying everything. So I shall better wait and then do the german version. I´m also doing widescreen panels ...

Here´s the last landing panel version ---------->

[/quote]


Pipe

_________________
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Pipes Repaints
View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 19:35 Reply with quote
KFC
Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 342




Pipe wrote:
KFC wrote:

Pipe,
Please, could you make the landing view for all version of the panel? This landing view sure would come in handy, as it is difficult to see the runway under normal circumstances. Great job, and many thanks!
regards,
Macs


Yes Macs, why not thinking about it. The panel project ist currently a bit "on ice" because Grei is doing FE panels and modifying everything. So I shall better wait and then do the german version. I´m also doing widescreen panels ...

Here´s the last landing panel version ---------->




Pipe[/quote]

Pipe,
Awesome, looks really nice! Just a suggestion, could you make a pop-up panel for RSBN correction gauge only? Not for the landing panel above, but for the main panel as it is distracting to negotiate an approach and keep trying to correct with RSBN by going back to the NAV panel. I say this because when there is no ILS, and NV-PB in XY mode is used, you'd want to be as precise as possible. I know in real life this is not how it is done, but for FS, we are Captain, Navigator and FE at the same time
Just a suggestion. and congratulations again on the excellent improvements to the IL-62! Can't wait!
regards,
Macs
View user's profile Send private message

English / German Panel
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
All times are GMT + 3 Hours  
Page 4 of 5  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  


  Powered by phpBB © 2001-2005 phpBB Group. Designed for protu-154.org | Webmaster - ^COOLER^