WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum » Il-62M Planner
Il-62M Planner
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:51 Reply with quote
mikealpha
Site Admin

With thanks to Vladimir (aka Grei), I'm glad to present the english version of the Il-62M fuel and takeoff data planner.

Instructions are included in the readme-file !

www.protu-154.com/files/Il62M_Planner.zip

-----

I take to chance to encourage again to fly this extremely well though out airplane on a long distance flight using its authentic navigation system. Finally touching down after a long flight, with just everything fitting so nicely together, is still one of the best experiences in this hobby !

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:30 Reply with quote
Ap0pHiS
КВС

Very nice Michael, thank you.

You're right, the few times I tried NV-PB it was somewhat exciting to discover a new navigation system. But the lack of engineer panel tends to slow me a bit, since ctrl+E isn't really my conception of a good FS add-on.

Anyway, one day I'll have to try it again!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 13:04 Reply with quote
mikealpha
Site Admin

Ap0pHiS wrote:
But the lack of engineer panel tends to slow me a bit, since ctrl+E isn't really my conception of a good FS add-on.

While I agree, engineer systems are nice to have, for me flight simulation comes first. Or in other words : Lack of engineer system does not spoil my flight simulation fun.

But hey, there are many ways to enjoy the hobby, so I can certainly understand different preferences Хитрый

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:22 Reply with quote
Alejandrogj
Курсант

I still don'tt understand why is it that the Ilyushin 62 hasn't got more attention from the flight simulation community, having flown the Protu Il-62 the most out of any airplane it is one of my favorites and this add on (fuel an take off planner) as well as any other addition in the future will be most welcome!

Gracias!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 02:24 Reply with quote
Fabo
КВС

Many different factors, one of them being that whoever gets to 62, gets to 154 as well, and lets just face it, 154 is a "tad bit" better modelled, while navigation freaks can use "harder" 134,124 and even 104...

Peter Fabian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 07:20 Reply with quote
ha5mvo
КВС

Fabo wrote:
Many different factors, one of them being that whoever gets to 62, gets to 154 as well, and lets just face it, 154 is a "tad bit" better modelled, while navigation freaks can use "harder" 134,124 and even 104...

Allow me to disagree..Улыбка
The 154 might be more "polished" in terms of various eye-candy, visual model etc. The 62 is one step ahead in terms of the systems that ARE modelled.
Again, its a different "type" of model, with piloting-navigation in mind.

Those that are willing to overlook the lack of FE panel will be getting a smooth model with everything fitting to perfection!
I share Alejandros view, in that it unduly doesn't get the credit it deserves but as Mike said - to each their own, each may have their own preferences and they all are just as legitimate.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:10 Reply with quote
Enrique Del Rosario
КВС

Fabo wrote:

I also disagreee with you. At the same time I agree with Alejandro and Michael... PT IL62M didn't get the attention it deserves. I can understand perfectly the preferences and choises... this is the fascinating part of FS: "you can choose whatever you need to fit your dreams and expectations". Yes, no doubt PT154 is more polished, as Michael just said, but NEVER better. The IL62 is one of the most (if not the most) sophisticated airplanes ever made for FS... even more sophisticated than PT154. I'm not talking about candy-eye stuffs... I'm talking about the internal programming and logic of its various systems which are among the most advanced and innovative systems ever made for FS and, therefore, place the IL62 among the best of the best.

Also, it's NOT true that SCS Tu124/134 are harder in sense of navigation systems if you compare NAS/RSBN vs NV-PB... they're just "different". In fact, personally, I find NAS/RSBN a lot easier than NV-PB.

YES! It's too bad and sad that most PT lovers didn't appreaciate the "jewel" inside the IL62. I guess it's like jazz and classical music... "real art for minority". Yes, it's really sad it didn't get the attention and applauses as the others. But... "that's how life is some times" Грусть

Blessings,

Улыбка

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 14:19 Reply with quote
Ap0pHiS
КВС

Seeing all this enthusiasm from people such as you are (be reassured, that is absolutely positive;) ) makes me want to go deeper into this Ilyushin.

I think I'll try some new flights on it as soon as I can.

I hope I'll be charmed as much as you seem to be!

Il-62M Planner
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum