WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Hangar Talk » fs2004 real weather download
fs2004 real weather download
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 02:09 Reply with quote
Enrique Del Rosario
КВС

Hi guys,

It was working perfect until last night when I started having problem to download real weather. It starts downloading but at 15-20% (+/-) it stops and I receive this beautiful message:

Quote:
An error occurred while downloading Real World Weather. Please check your internet connection and configuration and try again.

... very nice! Плохо

At first, I though it was the server... then I tried a few suggestions I read in some threads... like:

- connecting to fs2k.zone.com to check if it is operating. It's working.
- deleting internet temporary files
- starting fs with the original fs.exe (I use no-cd patch)
- reinstalling weather files

the conclusion?... I still can not download the weather. Any idea on this issue?

Help and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

thanks,

me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:15 Reply with quote
mikealpha
Site Admin

Enrique,

there are similar reports on a German forum, so I still would assume it's a server problem.

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 14:18 Reply with quote
Enrique Del Rosario
КВС

Thanks Michael.

Nice to hear I'm not the only one. I mean, I'm not happy because they have problems but it gives me some peace of mind to think it might be the server.
Well, I'm going to wait couple of days to see how it goes before I start considering this issue as a problem in my computer. I will appreciate very much if you let know about any report on the german forum (I don't speak german) about any improvement on the issue.

Thanks again Michael.

cheers,

me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 19:55 Reply with quote
Fabo
КВС

Several were also on czechoslovak forum. Sounds like it solved itself.Do this happen also on VATSIM?

Peter Fabian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 20:33 Reply with quote
Enrique Del Rosario
КВС

Obviously the problem was the server because it's working perfect now. I hope everybody has this utility working properly too.

cheers,

me

Guys..why not download FS Metar and dump MS's RealWeather?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 21:07 Reply with quote
John Keane
Курсант

I dumped the default MS "Real Weather" a long time ago after a long weather download crash got me searching for alternatives and voila!..I found it! FS Metar. Download this freeware tool and try it out. You can download updated Real Weather metars from several well independent of the Jeppesen sourced server MS uses. FS Metar offers several sites in the program for you to download from and in my view its much more realistic.

Furthermore, If you have FSUIPC installed and have looked at the weather options it lets you play with in there..you'll be amazed how detailed the weather can get. I had one honkin' departure out of UNTT the other day in driving snow and wind. It was intense. I couldnt see the runway in front of me, my Ural Airlines PT Tu-154B2 was howling down the runway and thought I was going to hit something. I thought we were toast. Same too last weekend with the Samdim An24RV in new SAT colors from Sakhalin to a military airport just NW of there {one of those neat airbases in the Russia Light Sceneries from Rulexy on AVSIM.RU} in driving snow, wind..then it was clear. Nasty weather that's par for the course I reckon' up there. Sheesh. She was bouncing all over the place. We made it of course. Still, I wondered how much it could take. Handled it like a champ though.

Today before work I was messing around with the beta PT Aeroflot IL-62 at FMMI in Madagascar..incredible thunderstorms with rain, lightning and thunder surrounding us after departure. Rocking like a multi-tonne aerobatic "Mick Jagger" in the clouds. Just awesome!

The graphic ability of FSUIPC with drawing downloaded weather is a feature that some know, but many don't. Check that one out too. I noticed this a long time ago when I first bought FSUIPC and only used the default MS Real Weather, it seemed to get really good. Well it only gets MUCH better when you use much more detailed data and that you can have with FS Metar.

It's something to seriously consider. FS Metar is free, you have choices of metar download sites and don't have to worry about MS's weather site crashing from time to time {which it does now and then..} The combo I use now is very -very- good. Try it out.

Get it here and enjoy! Its fantastic!

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/fsmetar/

Regards
John

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 22:36 Reply with quote
Enrique Del Rosario
КВС

Thanks sooooo much John for you post. It's really helpful. I bought FSUIPC and I realice now that I haven't taken advantage not even of 10% of it capability. I'm going to download FSMetar right now and I'll let you know how it goes. This sounds amazingly interesting Удивление ...

Quote:
The graphic ability of FSUIPC with drawing downloaded weather is a feature that some know, but many don't. Check that one out too

Thanks again John, I really appreciate your post Хитрый .

cheers,

me Хорошо

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 23:58 Reply with quote
John Keane
Курсант

No Sweat Enrique!

I hope you find this tool to help you and it gives you freedom from the dreaded MS "Real Weather" conundrum that can happen from time to time.

One of the first things I do with FSUIPC is to check for the latest version, , 3.50 was released about a week or so ago. Download that then install it, make sure you delete the old FSUIPC.DLL and FSUIPC.ini settings before re-installing, You do NOT need to reinstall the password Key settings though!

Then once you are in FS9, go over to Modules and click on FSUIPC, special attention to the WINDS, VISIBILITY and CLOUDS buttons there. I have "Extend Top wind Layer upwards" clicked and "add random turbulence" clicked. The "Taxi wind control" button on the lower left side is left unchecked as my rig doesnt seem so affected that way. Next, click the Visibility Button.. I have clicked "Random extend Metar Maxima" and thats it. Next..CLOUDS. Here's where it seems to really take notice: I have checked under "Additonal Cloud Layers" the button for "Under add light cuirrus layer occasionally" checked, then over on the right I have "Add random icing in cloud", "Add this "upper limit to cloud icing" with the number 3 added in the box for "Just no severe icing" added. The final one being "Add random turbulence in cloud" checked. Save and exit FSUIPC and see what it does with your weather.

To get FSMetar working, turn it on when you have FS9 on at the same time, have your Internet connection active too. Then in FSMetar..download metars from one of the 3 sources they have listed on the menu they offer. Wait a minute or so, when the green/red text box pops up with your current weather at the airport you're at...You're now loaded up with Real Weather active from FSMetar.

Then say goodbye to MS "Real Weather" from this point on.. Счастье

It's really neat.

Regards from chilly and cold Taiwan..
John

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 00:26 Reply with quote
Enrique Del Rosario
КВС

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! Радостный ... really wonderful... the change is amazing... it's a totally different story... GREAT!
At last I got rid of it!... Дразнящий for FS real weather...

Thank you very much John Хорошо

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 00:29 Reply with quote
John Keane
Курсант

Glad you got her going great and hope you enjoy it...it's really different isn't it? The sky's painted so differently..and acts so differently too. Счастье It's a lot of fun. Best Wishes and Happy Christmas!

John

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 06:02 Reply with quote
Enrique Del Rosario
КВС

Merry Xmas for you too John as well as for the whole PT family... and a very Happy New Year full of love, peace and joy... God bless you all...

cheers,

me

fs2004 real weather download
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Hangar Talk