WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Project Tupolev Support Forum (English) » Tu-154B - some new questions.
Tu-154B - some new questions.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 14:20 Reply with quote
Martinlest2
Курсант

I don't know how active this forum is these days, but I'll post my questions anyway..

1. Why is it that the Joystick panel keeps changing the values I put into it? I have entered and saved data but when I change views then go back to cockpit view and the joystick setup panel, the ailerons, for example, have shifted the centering from zero to some other figure. So I can't taxi, let alone fly in a straight line.

2. Worst of all I can't seem get the plane to lift off!! I have spent so many hours now getting the plane to the runway - all warning lights, including the 'Not ready for takeoff' are out. I accelerate but the aircraft refuses to lift off by the end of the runway. There just doesn't seem to be enough lift. If I am airborne, the plane sinks unless I have the joystick pulled back. The joystick (X52) is set off of course and the settings look Ok in the joystick setup panel. A trim issue no doubt, but the trim is OK according to the lights and increasing trim (I do not have trim assigned in the X52) doesn't have enough effect - the trim gauge goes further into the green but the a/c doesn't climb any more...

I used to fly this plane as almost second nature but haven't done so for some years. Very frustrating now not to be able to even get it off the ground!! (I'm going to delete my joy.cfg file and start from scratch - see if that helps)

Thanks! Грусть

Welcome Back!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 19:08 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

As a first advice:

The trim MUST be assigned via the joy.cfg utility.

Windows must be put to allow the overwriting of the joy.cfg best the entire FS9 folder.

Every value you write in the joy.cfg utility must be saved by its saving button seperatly. (left mouse click open, right mouse click to safe till the red light appears right mouse click to close, then next value!)
Before closing the utility recheck you settings using the the controls and levers, buttons.

The channels of stability augmentation of the AP should be ON.

The aircraft must be loaded and fueled according the Tu-154 loading calculator programe and the correct stabilzer setting also put accordingly.

The correct path for the Tu-154B2 joy.cfg:

FS9/gauges/Tu-154-cfg/JOY/joy.cfg

If you are using FS X, please see that:

http://www.protu-154.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12908

Good luck!

Walter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 01:35 Reply with quote
Martinlest2
Курсант

Thanks - I did delete the existing cfg file and started again.. I am 99% sure I have all the switches etc. set up correctly in the different panels and as I take the brake off to start my TO roll, the red not ready for TO light goes out. The green trim light is on too, so I think from that point of view, all is OK: now, with a fresh joy.cfg file, things are much better - at least I can get airborne.

However, I had to increase the elevator and elevator trim effectiveness, as well as increase the static_thrust value in the aircraft.cfg file, which I am sure shouldn't really be necessary. The problem is the pitch at which the a/c takes off, which is very shallow - impossible to get a proper AoA until a minute or more after take off. I don't recall any such problems when I started flying the plane back in whenever (soon after it was first released..

Even after all these years, few aircraft, even respected payware, have come close to the level of programming of Project Tupolev's little collection, so although I end up frustrated (and more), it's very well worth persevering with of course!

More research!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 14:11 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Hi:

Could be a problem of the joystick e.g. the travel of the axis or a false loading or an inadaquate stabilizer setting.
You can also try to install anew the bird. (FS9 or FSX ??????)

Kind regards

Walter

P.S.: The "not ready for take off" should be out BEFORE advancing the throttles!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 23:08 Reply with quote
Martinlest2
Курсант

I managed to fly (ZKPY to UHWW) today and things seemed OK.. with the tweaks in the aircraft.cfg file, the a/c lifts off fine now, although I need to have a few more flights to see check if I have the trim exactly as it should be (it is assigned via the joystick setup utility, yes: and I have Project Tupolev profile for my Saitek X52, with none of these things: trim, throttles etc. assigned).

The only other thing at the moment (I have Googled this and found references, but no solution yet), is that I keep getting the red warning about fuel being under 2500kgs, even when there is ten times that amount according to FS. Is there an easy solution? I have to fly with >c.70% fuel to stop the warning

Thanks.

Stick to the procedures!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:18 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Fill her up like described in the manual, as the fuel managment system and the loading of the payload is non FS standart but Tu-154 real!
But there are many references on this website to that.

For a flight with the Tu-154M of 1300 km and conservative planing you will take some 32.000 pds of fuel and its distribution will be:

left auxilary: 68%
left main: 20%
center: 100%
right main: 20%
right auxilary: 68%
Center 2: 0%

Should be the same for a B2 also.

With that distribution and seating and cargo as planed by the load manager(Tu-154M) (this is in kg!) no tinkering around with aircraft.cfg is necessery or advised.

BE AWARE THAT THE LOAD MANAGER WILL WRITE THE PAYLOAD (NOT THE FUEL) INTO THE aircraft.cfg BY pressing "Write Aircraft.cfg"

SO USING THE LOAD MANAGER IS A MUST BEFORE OPENING THE PT-Tu-154ґs.

Missing that should explain your problems with the trim.

Kind regards

Walter

P.S.: You can save the load and fuel without systems activated as a FS flight if you want to repeat a flight.

LM.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.63 KB
 Viewed:  5573 Time(s)

LM.JPG

Betankung.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.07 KB
 Viewed:  5573 Time(s)

Betankung.JPG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 16:32 Reply with quote
Martinlest2
Курсант

Thanks for the reply - but I am already using the Load Manager and writing to the aircraft.cfg. Then I load the fuel via the FS9 menu bar... Odd.

Write enabled FS 9?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 18:15 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Maybe its still the MS Windows problem?

But the low fuel problem is a strong hint, that the loading is still amiss.

Walter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 19:06 Reply with quote
Martinlest2
Курсант

It's strange - if I try to fill certain tanks less than about 70% I get the warning, irrespective of what the total FOB is.. I'll experiment a bit more. Simply means that on short flights, I fly very heavy! Good job that PT isn't quite so realistic that I actually have to pay for the kerosene I load!

FS9 or FSX?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 00:27 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Please tell us, what FS you are using, as some problems using FSX, Steam or Prepard3D were reported.

Kind regards

Walter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 02:13 Reply with quote
Martinlest2
Курсант

This is with FS9

Tu-154B - some new questions.
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Project Tupolev Support Forum (English)