WWW.PROTu-154.org
Список форумов Project Tupolev Team Вход Регистрация FAQ Пользователи Поиск

Список форумов Project Tupolev Team » Hangar Talk » Ilyushin IL-86 fuel consumption
Ilyushin IL-86 fuel consumption
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Окт 04, 2015 12:15 Ответить с цитатой
voronezh
Курсант

I have been flying Kirill Konovalov's Ilyushin IL-86 recently. When I say flying I don't mean properly. Of all the aircraft I have for FS9/FSX there isn't one I go through the correct procudures. This aircraft seems to use enormous amounts of fuel. I was flying a 1000km flight with 38T payload and 60T fuel, which is maximum take-off weight and for this relatively short trip it used 31T of fuel! Conpared with a similarly configured McDonnell Douglas DC-10 which used about 15T for the same flight. It makes me wonder if a) The aircraft is incorrectly configured leading to high consumption b) The values for engine power/engine consumption are correct in the aircraft configuration. Neither of these seems particularly likely however. Wikipedia says fuel consumption is 14T for the 1st hour and 12T per hour afterwards, which for my flight would be about 20T. Anybody got any ideas as to why this might be ?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение

Il-86 Fuel burn
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Окт 06, 2015 13:58 Ответить с цитатой
WalterLeo
КВС

The first question to adress: Did you "fly" here in FS9 or FSX, sometimes it may happen, that using FS9 simplanes in FSX parameters dont add up.

Kind regards

Walter

Il-86 Fuel burn
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Окт 06, 2015 14:00 Ответить с цитатой
WalterLeo
КВС

The first question to adress: Did you "fly" here in FS9 or FSX, sometimes it may happen, that using FS9 simplanes in FSX parameters dont add up.

Kind regards

Walter

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Окт 06, 2015 19:58 Ответить с цитатой
voronezh
Курсант

Hi WalterLeo, I have both versions installed, the test flight I did was with FSX (using the IL-86 FSX version), but from memory the FS9 version seemed the same. I am just curious about this wonderful plane. Downloaded your reworked Tu-114 to add to my Russian collection, looks awesome, can't wait to fly it.

Tu-114
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Окт 06, 2015 23:51 Ответить с цитатой
WalterLeo
КВС

Улыбка

Also the Tu-104 is available and the 124 is in the making!

Да

Sorry that I cant help you with the il86. Changing the flight-dynamics is a work of months. But the late Kirill Konovalov was a tremendous good developer!

Walter

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 07, 2015 18:04 Ответить с цитатой
voronezh
Курсант

Tried installing the Boreland database fir this plane to see if that made any difference to fuel consumption but no change. Altered the fuel_flow_scalar in the aircraft cfg file from 1.26 to 0.68 and that seems to reduce consumption to roughly 12-14t/hr.

edit: It seems that Wikipedia's value of 12-14t/hr is not at maximum takeoff load. The IL-86 uses considerably more fuel for the first hour than this. The range is too long at full load if the fuel_flow_scalar is changed to 0.68. Basing fuel consumption on range the 1.26 scalar is correct giving abot 3500km.

Ilyushin IL-86 fuel consumption
 Список форумов Project Tupolev Team » Hangar Talk