WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Projects Tu-104, Tu-124 and Tu-134 » Apparently SCS Tu-134 finally hace a vc! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 22:00 Reply with quote
elizabeth
Правак

Oh Dear! Can someone tell me step by step how to start this wonderful bird!
Please! this VC version of the TU-134 is what i have been dreaming of all my life!!! And now i sit in the cockpit and cant start her! the startup is not like the older versin...
Please help a poor woman!
Best regards
Love
Elizabeth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 22:26 Reply with quote
Christopher280
Правак

As Adonis have previously mentioned, you need to pull these start levers which were not a feature of the previous version.

Here is a photo to go with it:

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv1/NSAdonis/Planes/Tu-134A3_zps60cdaa65.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 00:36 Reply with quote
elizabeth
Правак

Yes, sorry I saw that. and YES!!! I got her started! the rest, the best, flying this awsome Tupolev will be tomorrows adventure! have to sleep now.
Thanks for Your help guys! goodnight to you all!
Love
E.

Tu-134 ver 2: Using Trim
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Hi Elizabeth:

Flying the 134 please take into account that the main trimming device is the stabilator and the trim wheel is secondary only to iron out small imbalances.
Before take off you put the stabilator to 1,5 deg. After retracting the flaps you balance the airplane with the stabiltor. In climb the stabiltor will remain still a litte up. In cruise it will be at 0 and you will use a little the trim wheel.
Use AP only after the airplane is correctly trimmed. If you want to change speed or climb descent switch off AP trim for the desired configuration and then switch on AP again. If not done that way the 134 starts wobbling and you can loose control.

Happy landing

Walter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 18:37 Reply with quote
elizabeth
Правак

Lovley Walter!
Thanks!
I know you guys out there are top-skilled, som if some of you may "crack" this one for FSX, please let me know!
Take care!
Love
E.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 02:04 Reply with quote
sLYFa
Правак

Quote:
the main trimming device is the stabilator

the main trimming device is NOT the stabilizer.
As on the Tu-154, shift of stabilizer angle is used to compensate for flaps/gear pitch down effect. The Tu-134 stabilizer has to be put to the 0° position after gear/flap retraction and must remain there until gear/flap extension as per flight manual.
In the real A/C, an electric trimmer switch on the yoke is used to control the trimm-rudders on the elevator to balance the plane. However, the SCS Tu-134 does not simulate this system, so you have to use the mechanical backup system which is the white trim wheel you see to the left of the Captains Yoke column. This in turn is controled via the default FS pitch trim commands. However, the trimmer in the tu-134 is very sensitive so you probably have to adjust the trim_effectivness value in the aircraft.cfg

Basically, set the stabilizer to 1.5° for takoff (indicated on gauge in the upper right corner in walter screenshot)
On approach, after extending gear or flaps (whichever is first) set the stabilizer to 2.5° (Full up position)

Radio Erewan
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 15:28 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

sLYFa

In principle you are right, in practice my procedure works much better. As long as the SCS Tu-134 has no joy jutility (which cooperates well with the AP) the flying qualities of this small bird are in a limbo as the simulation seems not to coincide with the real airplaneґs behaviour.
It does with the PT Tu-154 or the PT IL 62.
But even in the real Tu-154 where basically you have 3 position for the stabilator (to compensate center of gravity) and no trim tabs (springs instead as MET system) there are cases where you fine-trim the stabilator.
So my advice for the SCS Tu 134 SIMULATION born out of the practice: Use stabilator as main trimming device and the trim wheel (via the mouse) as fine trim.

Грусть
Walter

P.S.: That something is not as in the real airplane shows the behaviour of the simulation while on AP: If you let the AP fly by its own the electric trim reaches its stops and the airplane starts wobbling till it crashes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 08:27 Reply with quote
FilipeFonseca
Курсант

Hello,

I'm also a victim of that called bug. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but even after engines started, generators in the bar, APU-External Power switch in neutral and no equipment turned on (to avoid battery drainage), my battery dies after some minutes. Also, I cannot set the APU off.

Can anyone help me in this matter? Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 16:56 Reply with quote
Christopher280
Правак

I solved the bug by just loading the cessna, turning on its engine, avionics and batteries to later save that flight as default. exited fs9, then loaded the tu-134 and its engine shuts down after some seconds... after starting up my engines, connecting generators, it now works properly.

not ideal, but new version with improved electrics is in the works

Apparently SCS Tu-134 finally hace a vc!
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Projects Tu-104, Tu-124 and Tu-134