WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum » Exampleflight IL-62 M Prag Moscow
Exampleflight IL-62 M Prag Moscow
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 16:50 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Hi friends:

Even if this is 7 years old it is still very very useful:

http://www.youscribe.com/catalogue/tous/loisirs-et-hobbies/sports/project-tupolev-s-ilyushin-il-62m-tutorial-flight-lkpr-uuee-531169

Thanks Jiri Balak!

Kind regards

Walter

P.S.: It only available online not any more for download Грусть

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 20:02 Reply with quote
Tushka154
Курсант

https://yadi.sk/d/pbkSOd4QcBqap

IL-62M Tutorial
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:47 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Tushka154

Thanks for posting it.

Using the NV-PB navigation system is a real handful!

Only one point not covered in the IL-62M manual by PT:

For correct FD guidance to the Localizer or automatic joining of the LOC-ILS by the AP the landing track must be pre-selected with the heading bug. If not FD or AP miscalculates the landing manuver. Leads to loosing LOC and or GS and the AP and or FD will stop following/indicating the ILS.
This important point is mentioned in the INTERFLUG FZHIL62. The PT simulation works exactly the same way as the real thing. Downside: You must cross-check constantly an ILS with the HSI indications as real IL-62 pilots did.

But if done correctly, you can join the LOC by FD or AP from angels of up to 90 deg.

Kind regards

Walter

Re: IL-62M Tutorial
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 13:52 Reply with quote
Tushka154
Курсант

WalterLeo wrote:
Tushka154

Thanks for posting it.

Using the NV-PB navigation system is a real handful!

Only one point not covered in the IL-62M manual by PT:

For correct FD guidance to the Localizer or automatic joining of the LOC-ILS by the AP the landing track must be pre-selected with the heading bug. If not FD or AP miscalculates the landing manuver. Leads to loosing LOC and or GS and the AP and or FD will stop following/indicating the ILS.
This important point is mentioned in the INTERFLUG FZHIL62. The PT simulation works exactly the same way as the real thing. Downside: You must cross-check constantly an ILS with the HSI indications as real IL-62 pilots did.

But if done correctly, you can join the LOC by FD or AP from angels of up to 90 deg.

Kind regards

Walter

Thanks for that tip, it seems somehow the Il-62 is a lot more advanced than the Tu-154 when it comes to navigation and procedures of SID/STARs despite it being an older aircraft. I always manage to fly it correctly but recently stopped using the Il-62 because of it's outdated 2D non-wide screen panel as it's difficult for me being used to VC's.

Will wait for the upcoming Il-62 for FSX which hopefully will be completed one day as all I really need for FSX now is a Russian long range airliner instead of making fuel stops with Tu-154B2 all over the world costing time.

Il-62 a beautiful aircraft, no idea why it never became as popular as the Tu-154... Perhaps the lack of VC?

PT-IL62M
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 16:59 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Tushka154

Think it was more the lack of system depth (no FI-panel) coupled with the ultra realistic navigation systems. As flying even on AP is a challenge people of the FS-community lost interest.

A friend of mine a real Tu-154M navigator also commented he would need a lot of time to learn that systems well.
I myself manged to "fly" simple SID and STAR with MO points, but the system is not very user friendly. Espescially: If you try to switch between the both notation forms forth and back the system sums up the navigation parameters and you are lost and you cannot reprogram the system inflight.

The NAS and NVU systems are much less capable but much more user-friendly.

Besides the NI-50 system of SAMDIMs Tu-124 has a serious bug, the counters mix up lateral and longitudional values. Not so the NI-50 system from the Tu-104.

Kind regards

Walter

Exampleflight IL-62 M Prag Moscow
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum