WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Hangar Talk » Which flightsticks do you use?
Which flightsticks do you use?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 13:29 Reply with quote
FlyingFox
Курсант

Hello,

Recently, on approach to Gelendzhik my old and low-budget joystick broke and i had to go missed approach and fly to Pashkovskij...
So right now I am looking for a replacement: Which Joysticks/flightsticks do you use and are happy to fly with (in respect to general handling, thrust control, and price)
I mostly fly F100, PT154, IL62 and SCS 134. (in fact, nothing else. ;-)

ciao!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 14:29 Reply with quote
shc_04
КВС

I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo and MS sidewinder steering wheel pedals for rudder for over 7 years and generally happy with them but they are not really substitute for a yoke and rudder controls.

My Cyborg's two buttons sometimes jams but it has many other buttons to use and after 7 years it still nearly perfectly centered. I don't know if it still on sale but i can recommend it for its low price and quality.

Joy Stick
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 18:58 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Hi:

As my USB-ports went down on the PC I am using for FS, I tried my old analog stick which plugs into the 15 pin sub D plug, and it works! And seems carries less noise into the system.

Kind regards

Walter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 09:27 Reply with quote
Adonis
Правак

I use a Saitek EVO Force myself, but find it not as precise as I'd like. Does the job tho. However, it has a problem with the rudder axis that it likes to stick to either side a bit and not be centered, I fix that by giving the axis a deadzone in the driver settings.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 20:57 Reply with quote
Kleinerprinzsara
КВС

Hi FlyingFox,

forget joysticks - the best and payable is the Flight Sim Yoke from CH Products - you will love it, specialy when you fly the Tu-154 and 134 !!!

I bought a used one for 70 ? on eBay - feel the real !!!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Flight-Sim-Yoke-USB-CH-Products-Flugsimulator-Flugsimulation-FSX-Steuerhorn-/150712114193?pt=M%C3%A4use_Tastaturen&hash=item2317245c11

Regards
Bernd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 22:23 Reply with quote
tomcat
КВС

I'm using Saitek Flight Yoke System,I don't complain, 3 levers are good solution for Tupolev's and e.g. Yak-40, but I've never used CH.
Bernd, meaby you are able to compare these two products ? Хитрый

Best Regards,
Matthew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 23:02 Reply with quote
Kleinerprinzsara
КВС

Hi Matthew,

I don`t know the Saitek yoke but think the quality is similar - do you also have the pedals ?

Wow what a big screen !!!

Regards
Bernd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 23:56 Reply with quote
tomcat
КВС

Screen was 42 inches tv, I fly there very rarely, usually in front of 20 inchces NEC - less than half of big one Дразнящий I don't have the pedals - joystick replace it. I asked about differences becouse CH could be really better, there are more complaints about Saitek, and actually I don't know why and I'm not sure users confirm it. Anyway, FlyingFox, you get some info about that stuff.

Best Regards,
Matthew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 23:15 Reply with quote
FlyingFox
Курсант

Thank you gentlemen for the hints and illustrations! Seems I will search now for the Yoke. (and pedals)...;-)

Safe flights...
ff.

edit: @ Bernd: Can your yoke be mounted on a 5cm thick table?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 03:05 Reply with quote
Kleinerprinzsara
КВС

Hi FlyingFox,

yes the CH Yoke clamps have enough space up to 5,5 cm - good for desks or bigger tables - you won`t believe but I still fly this great Yoke free moving on my knees !!! It`s a very nice old english Mahagoni desk with a centered "Schublade" - it works only by removing it and still needs a special construction to prevent any wood damage !

Even in this non fixed position the Tushka`s, the Caravellski and Illy are flying smooth like eagles !!! You must buy only this one when you want the best joystick technology - keep in your mind that even Tupolev or their pilot schools used the CH Yoke to train real crews with the outstanding PT software !!!

As one in Innsbruck stationed simmer, you for sure will understand the northern german language - so send me a PM - I have also great pimping instructions to bring the CH Yoke to an outstanding motion quality !!! Дразнящий

There are some eBay auctions running in the moment - except the one I sent as link - some also offered as a set with pedals - hurry up, that`s the best under the next 1.000 ? Yoke category !!!

Not without a reason CH Products manufactures the ground remote control unit for Predator and Reaper Drones !!! Улыбка

Regards
Bernd

Which flightsticks do you use?
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Hangar Talk