WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Hangar Talk » Tu-144 Checklists/Flying Guide.. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 17:02 Reply with quote
PZL Belfegor
Курсант

The files have been deleted from Mediafire, does anyone have the manual or know where it can be found, as I'd like to learn more about Tu-144? Thank you!

Tu 144 Manual
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 18:43 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

I have still a manual from an older version of the Tu-144. It explains a lot of the handling of the plane. Try to find these older editions of the Tu 144 FS9 at flightsim.com or avsim. Mybe title "Tu-144 How to fly" Thinks its written by Mr. Lusser and it came with the airplanes download.
Especial attention to the VRI instrument for staying within limits in climb cruise and descent, and the Pitch Ladder.

Good luck

Walter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 18:56 Reply with quote
shc_04
КВС

I still have the deleted files. I can upload them if there is no problem about it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 19:21 Reply with quote
PZL Belfegor
Курсант

Thank you for quick answers! My interest in Tu-144 has risen thanks to new version for FSX ( http://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/122726-reliz-tu-144d-v30/ ), but my knowledge of Russian is poor - it was enough to deal with iFolder.ru and download the Tupolev, but I have to study a lot more to start understanding the documentation without help of translator. WalterLeo, thanks for hints - I got the Tu-144 v2 for FS9 and it indeed contains English (and German) manuals. It's a bit different than the FSX project, but every bit is helpful!
Shc_04, thanks for offer! I think that the author of those guides wouldn't mind uploading them here again, but if you prefer not to decide without his permission, we can use PM or email.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 20:14 Reply with quote
shc_04
КВС

On a second thought you are right, original poster probably wouldn't mind.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9xtbxvg443a9vm4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 22:39 Reply with quote
PZL Belfegor
Курсант

Thank you for making it available, KFC created very nice guide!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 22:52 Reply with quote
Kirill
КВС

My Dear English Speaking Friends.

V.3.0 is not flyable due to mistakes in Fuel transfer Gauge. If you install ONLY the 3.0- you will have unflyable Aircraft!

http://ifolder.ru/27988300 this is 3.02 with corrected Fuel transfer and panels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 19:26 Reply with quote
PZL Belfegor
Курсант

Kirill, I would like to take the opportunity and thank you as well as the whole Project Tupolew team for doing such great work!

I have sillly problem with setting heading and course. I found heading readout on AP panel (only readout, it's unclickable) and Курс-МП course selectors on F/O part of main panel, but I can't find the right setup to affect the HSI readout.
There are Курс-Глисс selector, коррекция (correction?) dial and курс ВПП (approach course?) on overhead, AP modes on yoke and AP channels with "просл" selector (some positions are VOR1, VOR2, ARK and RSBN, but I have no idea how is this relevant to navigation modes) on side panel.
Could someone shed some light on this topic, as it seems to be a bit different setup in comparison to Tu-154?

Also, I'm using the v2 manual, as the pressure panel description is omitted in the FSX version's manual. Everything works as advertised, though I can't find where to set the cabin pressure (the manual advises to set it 40 mmHg lower than the outside pressure before takeoff). The Tu-154M had clickspots for it above cabin altitude/pressure differential gauge, but Tu-144 panel seems to be different. Is the selector hidden somewhere else?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 20:35 Reply with quote
Kirill
КВС

144 is something in the middle between 154 and Il-86. Радостный

КурсВПП is an ILS Course

Курс and Глисс = Бок and Прод on Yoke

To rotate HDG on HSI you must rotate cource|bank Selector on AP panel(like in 86/62)

просл is an СПУ selector(what callsign do you hear in your earphones)-you can find similar thing in 154.

I haven't find pressure selector yet Радостный

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 21:42 Reply with quote
PZL Belfegor
Курсант

Thanks for valuable hints! The heading handle was indeed hidden under the turn knob, extactly like in the Il-62 - I must review the manual, long time without Iliushin and my memory of the systems has faded. I admit that I mostly admired visual aspects of your Il-86, mainly due to lack of resources in English - but I hope that some day I'll be able to learn it.

Quote:
Курс and Глисс = Бок and Прод on Yoke

I'm not sure if I understand, on yoke there are buttons Курс and Глисс as well as Бок and Прод - do you mean that they have the same function?

I'd also like to ask about what I believe is the HSI mode selector (on overhead, panel labelled курс глисс). What are the modes that can be chosen? I think that НВ may be the INS mode, ЗПУ1 and 2 may be VOR/ILS modes, but what is СРO (or maybe СРЮ, the letters are pretty small)?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 23:10 Reply with quote
Kirill
КВС

Oh, sorry...

Yes, Бок and Прод is a Lamps of working AP channels. They Light if no LNAV/VNAV mode on.("Arrows" and parts of central button)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 00:12 Reply with quote
PZL Belfegor
Курсант

Thanks again! I had some luck with basic modes of AP (БОК and продол for holding bank and pitch, ЗПУ for heading, H for barometric altitude), I have not tested курс and глис but I expect them to be localizer and glideslope following modes. On the other hand, маршрут and the arrows are mystery. Maршрут has two halves, does it mean it has lateral and vertical mode, like LNAV/VNAV track following? If so, what is "feeding" the vertical mode, as the И-21 only gives lateral coordinates? The arrows can be only lit (armed?) if the маршрут is active, what do they do?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 01:18 Reply with quote
Kirill
КВС

VNAV is not functinal. There is no I-21 in real 144, there is something "Pizma"-like Navigation complex(Pizma is a Nav complex of 86), but htere is no stand- alone "pizma" only inside 86 complex, it can't be used=(.

You need to push arrows with the Central button to Make AP follow I-21 the flightplan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 13:27 Reply with quote
Querer
Правак

Hi there,

Now, do not ask me why, but I downloaded and reinstalled again the Tu-144. I was somehow thinking, that the version I had was not the most actual one, so I downloaded recently this one: http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-aircrafts-40/tu-144-v2-0-34168.html
Now, considering the manual offered here in this thread, I realized, that the 2D panel of the aircraft I just downloaded, does not even look close to the screens in the manual. What did I do wrong? I apologize for this rather silly question...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:01 Reply with quote
Kirill
КВС

What Manual? Manual with model? Please take a screenshot or give me the link to manual you download.

Tu-144 Checklists/Flying Guide..
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Hangar Talk