WWW.PROTu-154.org
Список форумов Project Tupolev Team Вход Регистрация FAQ Пользователи Поиск

Список форумов Project Tupolev Team » Project Tupolev Flight School » Flight School Adam U.
Flight School Adam U.
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Фев 19, 2015 16:20 Ответить с цитатой
Adam U.
Курсант

Hello,

Here is my first attempt to exercise 1.

FSX, Tu-154B2, TOW 79, CAX 31.

I know there are some mistakes or errors. Approach was visual mainly.

Adam Хитрый
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 22, 2015 22:31 Ответить с цитатой
tomcat
КВС

Witaj Adam Хитрый

According to Bell, I am not allowed to tell you that you pass or fail exercises, but Bell suggested me to advise students pilot.

You have done many things quite good, but there are some mistakes that you must work on next time.

-Evelator trimmer (MET) should be at neutrual position till rotation.
-Second stage of flap retraction (from 15 to 0 deg) should finish at or above 410 km/h. Your stage have finished at 397 km/h.
-You maintain altitude pretty well when flying horizontal, but you have descended to much in base turn. Next time just expect and resist a rapid descend tendency when at high bank, moreover trim the aircraft during turns and all planned manouvers.
-Try to maintain a speed you want to and use a thrust you need for it, there are oscilations in speed and engine thrust in your recording during even cruise phase and approach, it affect stability of flight in all phases. Remember that oscilation of any parameter have a big influence on oscilation of other parameters.
-During approach you have to extend flaps in two stages - first on 28, and second on 45 degrees. Try also do not slow down below 300 km/h when on flaps 28.
- On approach, it doesn't matter if it is precision approach or not, you need to follow some stable path. There have occured a big oscilation in vertical speed during all your approach. Since the moment the aircraft is in landing configuration, till the moment of flaring, the airspeed and vertical speed should be stable.
- Flaring was too long, and too chaotic. Appropriate flaring is when you have trimmed aircraft and stable parameters, and at height of 6-8 m (or 15 m if V/S is higher than 4 m/s) you pull the yoke nearly two times, achieving V/S nearly 0,5 - 1 m/s and G-force below 1.2, at touchdown. Tochdown should occur 300-600 m after the runway threshold at speed around 10 km/h below Vref.

In Flight Simulator G-forces on touchdown could be false sometimes and we need to do it more precisely and achieve lower vertical speed to not exceed G-force limit. Real aircrafts, during slowing down and changing V/S, could give you strongly delayed V/S indication, more than in sim. This is the reason to that your target touchdown V/S in real aircraft could be 0,5 m/s and in simulator we should aim for V/S slightly below 0,5 m/s.
You should also remember that G-force pulse occur when you pull the yoke, and occur when the gear hit the ground, so if you make a touchdown when pulling, you increase your G-froce pulse. Try to pull nearly two times the yoke to start the vertical speed reduction, and don't move the yoke during touchdown, letting the V/S decrease by earlier yoke movement. If you catch good V/S reduction, you will have good and quick touchdown with a long runway in front of you.

Best regards,
Matt
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail

The 4 Fundamentals
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 23, 2015 17:45 Ответить с цитатой
WalterLeo
КВС

In real flighttraining they start with the basics:

Flying straight ahead at the same altitude same speed
    Climb as above
    descent as above
    turn left same altitude same speed
    turn right same altitudde same speed

Then the combinations with climb and descent

Then changing speed in all combinations

Then bringing in configuration changes. (Gear and flaps)

For the moment no need to fly an approach.

After trying that out its much easier to fly a circuit like in exercise one.
The PT Flightschool has a very steep learning curve and it is assumed, that one can handle the fundamentals in the FS, wich is no small challenge itself.

Good luck

Walter

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 23, 2015 18:01 Ответить с цитатой
Adam U.
Курсант

Tomcat, Walter,

Thank you very much for analysis of my report and all advices. I will practise more and try to perform first exercise once again.

Adam Хитрый
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение

Some important small points
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Фев 24, 2015 11:58 Ответить с цитатой
WalterLeo
КВС

Hi Adam:

Check also, if the settings of the joy-stick utility combined with your joystick give you a good feeling. The standart settings are not well suited for certain joystick models.
If your joystick is worn out better look for a new one.
Important is also the loading and center of gravity, as well on what airport you will fly the exercise. If the glidepath is steep (3 deg or more) you will have difficulties using the normal procedure for flare and touchdown. In that case one uses the "preflare" i.e. reducing the descent rate at 15 m altitude to -3,5 m/sec WITHOUT REDUCING POWER: then at 6 m chop the power and land as adviced.

Kind regards

Walter

Flight School Adam U.
 Список форумов Project Tupolev Team » Project Tupolev Flight School