WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Project Tupolev Support Forum (English) » What are these messages that pop up?
What are these messages that pop up?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 16:18 Reply with quote
martinlest
КВС

I have searched the forums here ("Message" - not sure what search term to use); same in Google with "project Tupolev". Looked at every page in the manual... Nothing. Surely others get these messages too? I seem to be hopeless at Google searches...

So, please, someone tell me what this is? There are others too: I took screenshots of them a couple of weeks ago, but can't find them on my PC now!!! OMG, the frustrations of (late) middle age... Злость

Is there a list somewhere of the possible messages like this?

Thanks!

Martin

Screenshot_028.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.82 KB
 Viewed:  5596 Time(s)

Screenshot_028.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 17:30 Reply with quote
PBN
Курсант

These messages appear after all engines has been shut upon arrival if certain deviations of flight techniques were identified during the course of the flight.

In your case it says that main wheels fuse plugs melted (due to incorrect use of brakes during landing roll for example, or non-use of "wheels ventilation" switch after landing).

It also says that you (captain) and flight engineer will be both denied your quarterly bonus due to this misconduct Улыбка

Never saw it! But it has its reasons
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 17:32 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

When did this message appear? After landing? If this is the case it could relate to overheating the brakes, as in ver. 2.03 of Tu-154M that is simulated and happens if you have not switched on the brake fan before landing.

Also it can say, that the engines must be checked of foreign objects ingestion.

Quote:
2.This massage says in general that you and your crew hold on reverse during roll-out for too long - you keep it on below 100 km/h, technician must now check VNA of engine 1 and 3, you have it exposed to risk of demage.

see: http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12643&highlight=ver

Kind regards

Walter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 21:48 Reply with quote
martinlest
КВС

Oh dear!! Thanks. (They appeared when I was parked at the gate). Yes, I do have to brake long and hard as I find that the Tu154M slows down on touchdown very slowly - always a risk I run out of runway. I know this is modelled in the sim (is there anything that isn't modelled?!) - I was landing in mildly snowy conditions. I have reversers on, spoilers up and I brake manually.

I didn't notice a brake fan switch in the sim.. no reference to brake fans in the manual. I'll look in the a/c but maybe someone could kindly indicate where the switch is to turn the brake fans on & off? There is a switch on the far-left side of the top FE panel labelled 'вентилятор' but it's not functional (the whole of that upper LH part acts as a click-spot). Or is that part of the air-conditioning??

This thread says that brake fans don't need to be turned on before landing. Is that only for the 154-B2? Or is Slava wrong?

http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11805&highlight=brake+fan

M. Улыбка

What are these messages that pop up?
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Project Tupolev Support Forum (English)