WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Hangar Talk » MSFS Weather Server
MSFS Weather Server
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 14:08 Reply with quote
Quax
Правак

Hi Folks!

Seems we have to face a new disappointment: lots of things are indicating that Microsoft does no longer provide actual weather via the fs2k.zone.com server (the so called Jeppesen server) since 8th march. I invested much time in searching an error in my computer settings like cached files, fire wall and so on but finally in focus remained this conclusion - the more since Microsoft canceled supporting the multi-player server and also any support for Flight. The files one can download are old and since lot of days static/cached on the server and thus with no relation to the actual situation - mostly confirmed in an actual flightsim.com-forum thread.

I'm far away of the usual Bad-Microsoft-Guys-moaning - no, they brought one of my most favorite thing in my life since long (FS5) - but it's still sad. So one need's to buy a weather add-on like AS or REX. I'm expecting to resume a "should have done much earlier", since one can read almost positive feedbacks and the behavior of the MSFS-weather engine to the A/Cs was less than perfect (for me especially with the FSX-Tu-154B2 came back the very bumpy AP-responsing on pressure/temperature changes, even with tweaking the AP-settings). Also I expect much better coverage when not flying in the US or Western Europe. And finally one needs an external weather engine for actual weather in Prepar3D...

But as said - it's pitty, indeed. Hope they never unplug the server for the validation of a FSX-(re)installation...

Best regards, Quax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:51 Reply with quote
Quax
Правак

Gave up testing for a while - but after almost four weeks: THEY ARE BACK!!! La Ola

MSFS Weather Server
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Hangar Talk