WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Hangar Talk » Tu-104 request...
Tu-104 request...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 07:01 Reply with quote
KFC

Hi,
Could somebody do a translation of the latest manual for the tu-104? I normally do them myself, but I am not able to transfer form PDF this time for some reason. Or, If somebody could make a Word file of the manual instead of PDF, I could do the translation myself. Here is the version I am interested in:

http://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-originalnie-samoleti-40/legendarniy-layner-tu-104-v-0-91-25499.html?action=download&hl=tu-104

Thanks in advance for your help,
regards,
Macs

Tu- 104
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:15 Reply with quote
WalterLeo

Hi Macs:

Look at that:

http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11331&highlight=

I myself gave up with the Tu-104 and entered PT-flightschool with the Tu-154M. It has everything realised what on the Tu-104 simulation still is open for our whishes.

For my taste the outside look of the OK version is better:

http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4946&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=990

But you know that, because you posted there also.

Regrads

Walter

P.S.: And forgive the horrible jiggsaws in my old screenshots thence I didnt know how to manage.

Re: Tu- 104
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 14:27 Reply with quote
KFC

WalterLeo wrote:
Hi Macs:

Look at that:

http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11331&highlight=

I myself gave up with the Tu-104 and entered PT-flightschool with the Tu-154M. It has everything realised what on the Tu-104 simulation still is open for our whishes.

For my taste the outside look of the OK version is better:

http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4946&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=990

But you know that, because you posted there also.

Regrads

Walter

P.S.: And forgive the horrible jiggsaws in my old screenshots thence I didnt know how to manage.

Many thanks Walter. I see somebody manged to do a quick translation, but the page is not there anymore. I have had the same problem that Flyingfox had with the translation of the document. If somebody had Adobe Acrobat, one could export a Word version. I wonder if somebody could do that. I have tried exporting to text also with the basic freeware version of reader, but it only exports junk characters. Actually, all I am interested in is to figure out what a particular gauge does and how to operate the APU for a cold start. The gauge is a little box that says either "off" or or has two green arrows that light up. I suspect this one is either related to joyservice or has something to do with nose wheel steering. I have been looking for the NWS selection switches, as I understand from the article, the Tu-104, as most other Russian planes had manual NWS mode selection. Thanks again for your help,
regards,
Macs

Maybe the AN 24 manual helps
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 14:36 Reply with quote
WalterLeo

Hi Macs:

As I remeber the new panel resembles very much the AN 24 panel, maybe the procedures of the AN 24 help, but I confess I quickly gave up, I didnt like the outside look of the plane and besides I am lost to the Tu-154M.
But try to send a P.M. to FLYINGFOX or SHC?, shure ha has still the .doc folder.

Regards

Walter

Re: Maybe the AN 24 manual helps
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 15:40 Reply with quote
KFC

WalterLeo wrote:
Hi Macs:

As I remeber the new panel resembles very much the AN 24 panel, maybe the procedures of the AN 24 help, but I confess I quickly gave up, I didnt like the outside look of the plane and besides I am lost to the Tu-154M.
But try to send a P.M. to FLYINGFOX or SHC?, shure ha has still the .doc folder.

Regards

Walter

Ok. Thanks Walter. I just did a quick test flight and figured out some more things. It seems that there is no orthodromic capability in the nav system as there is no compass mode selection; it can only operate on magnetic correction mode and there is nowhere to select gyro-only or "RPK" mode for example as in the TU-124/134/154. There is a "correction" capability, but only on the card side, so the AP will always follow the magnetic or "rhumb line". I need actually the "rpk" with corrected mode for latitude gauge as I would like to make an Atlantic crossing form BIKF to Gander, which are all above the arctic circle or at least above 60 deg. latitude. I am also using celestial nav in this case. I was planning to use grid nav or maybe the Russian method of true with the fork correction at arrival which I like best. Anyway, thanks again for your help,
regards,
Macs

Grid navigation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 16:14 Reply with quote
WalterLeo

Hi Macs:

As in the real Tu-104 flights they did not use a still not existing NVU System the only approach near to their style of flying and not having weatherships in FS9 would be the NI-System of the Tu-124 but still you would have to put in frequently the wind aloft from the navigators post. In this way you can fly more or less over 700 km with an accuracy of 20 km laterally (Z). The deviation in S can be much more. Hopefully the FS9 "aviation authorities" have not phased out the NDB on your planned track. Besides the NVU system would not be able to use the dopplerradar overwater!

Happy Crossing!

Walter

"Weatherships"
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 21:29 Reply with quote
WalterLeo

Hi Macs:

There is a way to program RSBN-stations in FS 9. Dont know for the moment how, but somebody posted the procedure. In that way one could define "weatherships" with RSBN-transmitters all over the atlantic!

Best regards

Walter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 22:04 Reply with quote
ha5mvo

Walter,
There's an excel sheet called RSBN (it's in the gauge folder, just run a file search) that contains the info for the NVU on the 154 or RSBN navigation apparatus on the 124/134 (each plane has its own sheet).

The structure is rather self explanatory: serial number, callsign, coordinates, frequency and elevation (not necessarily in that order).

As you said, you can edit or add as many fictional stations as you wish.

Thanks Micheal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 16:38 Reply with quote
WalterLeo

Hi:

I thought about RSBN stations, cause they have a much wider radius of coverage than the stock FS9 ADF, more or less the weatherships transmitters coverage.

Many Thanks

Walter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 19:32 Reply with quote
shc_04

KFC wrote:
I see somebody manged to do a quick translation, but the page is not there anymore.

If you referred this translation, i can reupload it.

http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11331

Best Regards.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 17:52 Reply with quote
KFC

shc_04 wrote:
KFC wrote:
I see somebody manged to do a quick translation, but the page is not there anymore.

If you referred this translation, i can reupload it.

http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11331

Best Regards.

Thanks Mehmet.
regards,
Macs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 14:11 Reply with quote
shc_04

http://hotfile.com/dl/66481650/93937c7/Tu_104.rar.html

Hope it helps.

Best Regards.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 15:24 Reply with quote
WalterLeo

ha5mvo

Hi Micheal:

Tinkered around a bit with RSBN datas.
1) Discovered that for the 124 and 134 there are files only as textfiles RSBN_DAT.cfg. Changed the file of the 124 putting in the datas of some VORs between Mexico City and Cancun as RSBN-stations and it works.

BUT:

2) Being in western hemisphere and not having E/W designation you have to do mental accrobatics. 90 deg W is 270*0000 in the RSBN data file.
Maybe it helps avoiding Alzheimer doing that calculations!

3)The Tu-154M.cfg folder (in "gauges") contains in the subfolder RSBN a textfile and an EXCEL-sheet with maybe the same datas. Lets see if its enough to write the new stations only into the textfile as it worked with the 124.

Best regards

Walter[/i]

RSBN_DAT.XLS
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RSBN_DAT.XLS
 Filesize:  46 KB
 Downloaded:  174 Time(s)

RSBN_DAT.CFG
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RSBN_DAT.CFG
 Filesize:  6.77 KB
 Downloaded:  119 Time(s)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 00:31 Reply with quote
ha5mvo

Not sure about the text file, Walter, as I have never tinkered with it.
I can confirm that in both 154 and il62 adding stations is possible through the excel file (westerm hemisphere as well).
If my memory serves me right it's also possible with the 134.
At the time I scattered some fictional stations around western europe for nvu corrections but it also worked well in following the needle in RSBN navigation. Just add those stations to your Ncalc utility.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 13:27 Reply with quote
WalterLeo

ha5mvo

Hi tried it out in practice:

The Tu 124 has its file RSBN_DAT.cfg in the panel-folder and one can insert new stations there. No exel file visible. But the 124 RSBN unit reads the stations without problems.
In the NAVCALC5 you have to insert the stations with its own "ADD" utility, which I did already and the route calculation and the values for NVU correction appear.
Lets see if the Tu 154 will read the RSBN stations from the textfile also. I suspect, that the excel file of the 154 is older than the text file, cause Pulkovo has still its name from Soviet times "Leningrad" and in the text file it is "St. Petersburg" the new (old) name of the town.

Many thanks

Walter

Tu-104 request...
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » Hangar Talk