WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum » ILS App
ILS App
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 21:46 Reply with quote
Magnus
Курсант

What i am doing wrong?

When i am on Approach, no matter if i am using the P-31 XY stuff, or just using the KURS system, when i extend the gears, the KURS indicator on the HSI starts rolling around and around, and this why i always fail my ILS approach... what is kind of disturbing, especially in IMC after a 4 hours flight.

What causes this movement? And how to fight it?

(P.S. Can someone tell me how to turn off that idiot function of the autopilot what disconnects TANGAZH and drives the acft into a deep descent when overspeed is reached (due to wind shifts on Activesky mostly) ?

Here is my MSRP if helps:

http://www.virtualferihegy.hu/kabat/msrp.rar[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 22:54 Reply with quote
balooo
Правак

Ad 1. Any button/axis assigned to the Course in Joy utility?
Ad 2. Do no t overspeed :-) for difficult conditions use pilot's hands for approach

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:10 Reply with quote
Magnus
Курсант

Ad1. solved.
Ad2 It is not about approaches. Sometimes Activesky (and IvAp weather) gets screwed up and produces 180 degree changes in wind direction with a deltaV more than 100km....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 23:28 Reply with quote
Fabo
КВС

Magnus
I recommend FSUIPC for this. It can limit the change pretty well..

Peter Fabian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 23:23 Reply with quote
balooo
Правак

It is a simulation, in reality you would have also big problem Радостный

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:57 Reply with quote
Magnus
Курсант

FSUIPC works. But those high level windshears are also happening in real and flight crew can experience HUGE changes in airspeed when running into them

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 16:04 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Magnus wrote:
FSUIPC works. But those ... windshears are also happening in real and flight crew can experience HUGE changes in airspeed when running into them

But they should avoid them, like tunderstorms. Real autopilots have also their limits. Therefor while at cruising altitudes real autopilots are switched off or switching themselves off and near the ground (on T.O. or approach) heavy windshear should be avoided at all cost by not taking off or going around.
After grave accidents (PANAM 727 at T.O. and DELTA Lockheed Tristar on landing) windshears were understood better and procedures were delevoped to treat them. These procedures are often against flying instinct like forbidding lowering the nose and reducing power on glideslope. The Tu 154B2 flying manual gives clear advice in these matters.

Regarding your question of calculating VOR-Radials and DME distances to lat-long: Dont know a programe, but on the newer approach-plates important points often have also their Lat/Long numbers now.
http://www.ifalpa.org/downloads/Level1/Safety%20Bulletins/2009/10SAB09%20-%20Changes%20to%20arrivals%20procedures%20at%20Cancun.pdf

Regards

Walter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 19:44 Reply with quote
Magnus
Курсант

Since my airline started to provide us EAD AIP charts instead of jeppesen i cannot use them.
And about windshears, try to invent a radar what can display WS enroute. Even SIGMET has no info on them. IRL ATC usually tells us if a pilot reported it before, but you know, IVAO is mostly uncontrolled... especially Russia.

Anyway, found a solution:
http://williams.best.vwh.net/gccalc.htm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 20:23 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

Magnus

This calculation only works for distance between known lat/long positions, not for calculating the lat/long of an intersection, which seems was your original question.

FS9 has an old navigation database, but some of the points for flying an approach are in this database. You can use that via an FS9 flightplan exporting it to NAVCAL 5. Or look for the waypoint in the KLN90B database and fly with KLN90B.
Or try this:

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ This gives you the posibility to use the actual North Atlantic minimum time tracks. (Tick NATS-routes yes)

The modern weather-radars have turbulence detection capability. That a windshear is coming over you, you can see on the GPS-outread of actual groundspeed.

Whish you a nice transatlantic-flight

Regards

Walter

P. S.: Happened these upsets at normal simulation speed or using 4x? If you are using higher simulation speed, which would be normal for long flights, with the AP of the russian planes strange things can happen. But with the IL 62M I used 4xspeed and FS9 real weather updates on AP and nothing strange happened. Вопрос

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:00 Reply with quote
Magnus
Курсант

Nono. Not about intersections, and well, i am aware of routefinder, but i have better sources. Sadly i cannot give it out as it works with personal password.
I was interested in having the LAT/LONG coords of a nondefined point. Like DET R336 D30 what is a turning point of the DVR4S departure in EGSS. And that GcCalc is really good for that.

Modern weather radars can not "detect" turbulence, however they have a quite accurate algorythm what can predict turbulence areas by correlating the saturated spot images from the radar. The radar only detects saturation. This is why a volcanic ash cloud is so dangerous as it is non saturated at all, and never appear on the WXR.
Same for windshear what has nothing to do with saturated airmass and clouds, and has no relation to turbulence, that is an other issue.

About the time acceleration. Even if it would be permitted on IVAO i would never use it, unless my brother shows me where to find such a switch in the B737NG he flies with, or an ACC guy in our centre confirms that some airlines are using it en route. I never seen such, however i am on TMA, so who knows what can happen enroute СчастьеСчастье

Turbulence and windshear
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 15:54 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

1) A turbulence detection radar is already invented:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4835536.html

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5173704.html

http://biblioteca.universia.net/html_bura/ficha/params/id/43060773.html

http://blogs.zdnet.com/emergingtech/?p=686

http://www.aiaa.org/Aerospace/images/articleimages/pdf/croftapril05.pdf

2) Windshear is associated with turbulence for example around jetstreams. Behind that is a movent of an airmass against another airmass. If that movement is horizontal, its "windshear" if its vertical its is called "turbulence".

3) Strange AP behavour: Are the tanks filled up correctly with the filling device of the IL 62? Is the fuelsystem switched on coreectly?

4) The INS also indicates windshear (at least the CIVA INS in FS also)

Regards

Walter

Strange behaviour IL 62
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 13:18 Reply with quote
WalterLeo
КВС

One idea more: Did you install the IL 62M joystick or are you flying with the FS9 joystick. The panel works only correctly if the FS9 joystick is deactivated and the joystick-interface of the panel set.

Regards

Walter

ILS App
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum