WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum » latest development status update
latest development status update
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 15:05 Reply with quote
ha5mvo
КВС

Here is a link to Vladimirs ("Grei") post regarding the further development of the engineers systems for the 62M.

http://www.protu-154.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9791&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

There is a download link at the bottom. The post however is not overly optimistic Грусть . In a nutshell: Since Stepan had probably lost interest in development for FS, there is no way of integrating the engineers system with the main panel. Furthermore,there is a lot that was only partially done or not done at all. There is no documentation whatsoever.

At this point, the ball remains to be picked by someone who would wish to carry on with the development.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 17:55 Reply with quote
Bernie_Rain
Курсант

Hi,

My suggestion would be that someone who speaks both, russian and english, "should" download and test it and then tell us what the facts are.
I downloaded it and the bitmaps look good, but I don't speak russian and it would be senseless for me to install and test it.

Bernie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 01:14 Reply with quote
thisisentchris87
Курсант

Hello,

I downloaded it and immediately was presented with malfunctioning gauges (they were not even there). I was unfazed by this and promptly opened the panel.cfg and discovered that the gauges where pointing to version 1.42 of the IL-62 gauges! A beta version perhaps? Whatever. Besides the missing gauges the panels in question where visible. I replaced every reference of the "Beta" version with the current version and tried it. It worked! I tried to use the engineering panels, but it was trial and error and so I used an online translator (it translated poorly of course) to get the start up manual in English (I only speak English) and got it to start. I then tried to work the pressurization but got blank debug windows.

The bottom line is it works satisfactorily for me (of course I'm no expert). Bugs I have noticed are, an automatic increase of thrust on all engines (could be my controler), certain switches cause debug windows to show up (and freezing FS9), and one window not displaying any gauges (although I'm working on this). I may have missed some bugs.

If any one is interested I could post my panel.cfg and the manual I translated, but keep in mind its beta and Grei might not be very interested in having a flood of download requests to the web page he has it posted on. Хитрый

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 09:49 Reply with quote
Grei
КВС

thisisentchris87

Hello!

Sorry for my bad English.

Please, send me your panel.cfg and screenshot with debug windows to il-62m-85(a)mail.ru. Please, write, which swiches you pressed to have this debug window and which window not displaying any gauges (is it window, called with Shift+9?).

Thank you for testing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 15:13 Reply with quote
thisisentchris87
Курсант

I would be more than happy to Grei! Allow me to gather the information together and I'll send it to you some time today (on my side of the world). Улыбка

latest development status update
 Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum