WWW.PROTu-154.org
Project Tupolev Team Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Project Tupolev Team Forum Index » PT Ilyushin Il-62M Support Forum » Virtual Cockpit for PT Ilyushin IL-62M? Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Virtual Cockpit for PT Ilyushin IL-62M?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 03:28 Reply with quote
Stevenstone93
Курсант

Hello all, this is my first post here.

I mainly fly the TU-154M/B2 series, and I am frankly astounded by such real-quality flight dynamics and flight systems on board the 154's. Well, I decided to start getting used to the PT IL-62 package as well, and downloaded it to find that there was no virtual cockpit included. Flying with no virtual cockpit, especially during takeoffs and final approach, is very, very hard, since I cannot adjust my viewpoint higher or lower in relation to the panels. Are you all planning to release an update sooner or later including a brilliant Virtual Cockpit like the TU-154 packages come with?

Thanks, Steven.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 19:50 Reply with quote
ha5mvo
КВС

Steven,
A VC requires a brand new visual model.
While there's work being done on additional systems for the IL62 (the flight engineer panels), I have no knowledge of anyone working on a new visual model.

Another approach may involve adding 2D takeoff or landing views but I'm not aware of anyone making this sort of development either.

Re: Virtual Cockpit for PT Ilyushin IL-62M?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 22:20 Reply with quote
calypso22
Правак

Stevenstone93 wrote:
Flying with no virtual cockpit, especially during takeoffs and final approach, is very, very hard, since I cannot adjust my viewpoint higher or lower in relation to the panels..

Maybe I haven't understood your problem, but have you tried Shift+Enter and Shift+Backspace? (spacebar to reset to default).

Works for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 02:25 Reply with quote
Pipe
КВС

ha5mvo wrote:
Steven,
A VC requires a brand new visual model.
While there's work being done on additional systems for the IL62 (the flight engineer panels), I have no knowledge of anyone working on a new visual model.

Another approach may involve adding 2D takeoff or landing views but I'm not aware of anyone making this sort of development either.

Wait for Christmas ... Hohoho Улыбка

http://www.protu-154.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8733&start=45

Pipe

Pipeґs Repaints

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 04:02 Reply with quote
Stevenstone93
Курсант

calypso22 wrote:
Maybe I haven't understood your problem, but have you tried Shift+Enter and Shift+Backspace? (spacebar to reset to default).

What I'm pointing to, is that the dash is too high in the cockpit (I'm using the updated panels), making it very hard for me to move my head where I can see through the cockpit windows better. That's my main concern, especially during final approach, because I have to actually point the nose down to see what my relation is to the runway instead of moving my head higher where I can see out the windows better.

The visual model is old, it needs a complete rework...I believe this aircraft doesn't have as much popularity as the TU-154 series simply because the aircraft doesn't come with a Virtual Cockpit. That's a real bummer.

It needs one, it really does, to "complete" the IL-62 simulation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 04:26 Reply with quote
citywalker
Правак

Stevenstone93 wrote:
calypso22 wrote:

What I'm pointing to, is that the dash is too high in the cockpit (I'm using the updated panels), making it very hard for me to move my head where I can see through the cockpit windows better. That's my main concern, especially during final approach, because I have to actually point the nose down to see what my relation is to the runway instead of moving my head higher where I can see out the windows better.

In this case, Shift+Enter once or twice should do the trick for you.

Also, check your speed and weight at landing. Whenever I land with ~5-10 tons of fuel and 15-20 tons of payload, I have no problem seeing the runway all through the final approach and the flare. The approach speed is about 290-300 km/h, and pitch angle is a few degrees up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 07:15 Reply with quote
KFC
КВС

Stevenstone93 wrote:
calypso22 wrote:

The visual model is old, it needs a complete rework...I believe this aircraft doesn't have as much popularity as the TU-154 series simply because the aircraft doesn't come with a Virtual Cockpit. That's a real bummer.

It needs one, it really does, to "complete" the IL-62 simulation.

Hi,
Try adding about 5 km/h to calculated approach speed, it should not affect your landing roll that much. It does the trick for me. The landing view will be available later on am sure, and will be a welcome addition, but on the meantime this should work. Adjusting the view using the <CNTRL+Shift+_Enter> method also works, but I find it hard to adjust so quickly on landing as the landing perspective changes. Anyway, hope this helps,
regards,
Macs Улыбка

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 02:54 Reply with quote
Stevenstone93
Курсант

Thanks for all your suggestions, but do you all know where I can find an IL-62 simulation for FS2004 with a virtual cockpit? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 03:59 Reply with quote
Pipe
КВС

Stevenstone93 wrote:
Thanks for all your suggestions, but do you all know where I can find an IL-62 simulation for FS2004 with a virtual cockpit? Thanks.

AFAIK ................. nowhere.

Pipe

Pipeґs Repaints

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 23:59 Reply with quote
Stevenstone93
Курсант

Why isn't a new model with a Virtual Cockpit in consideration for future developments with the PT IL-62? Surely there will be a 2.0 version released to replace the original 1.03 models, wouldn't there be?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 00:17 Reply with quote
citywalker
Правак

Stevenstone93 wrote:
Why isn't a new model with a Virtual Cockpit in consideration for future developments with the PT IL-62? Surely there will be a 2.0 version released to replace the original 1.03 models, wouldn't there be?

So far, at least to my observation, PT's policy has been not to predict about further products, and rather make them as a nice surprise once in final stages of development.

The PT Team has immense talent and skills, I'm sure they will do an excellent job on the Il-62 should they find it an attractive project to work on. Улыбка

I suggest to just sit tight and be patient. Who knows what the future will bring.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 19:34 Reply with quote
KC13
КВС

citywalker wrote:
The PT Team has immense talent and skills, I'm sure they will do an excellent job on the Il-62 should they find it an attractive project to work on. Улыбка

The PT Team is certainly one of the very best out there, and as such I suspect that not only are they extremely busy with what they have on their plates right now, but they must also be receiving "wishlists" from everyone.

I for one, hope they take Christmas off, be with their families and simply relax and enjoy!

I'm sure they have some surprises in store for us and I look forward to them whatever they are. No matter the subject, they will be superb!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 02:36 Reply with quote
dust
Курсант

http://www.airsimmer.org/il-62/
HO HO HO
i'm going!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 18:46 Reply with quote
Fabo
КВС

Wow!

I doubt autor might read this, but anyway -

MIGHTY GREAT WORK!